Shahs of Sunset has reportedly been canceled by Bravo following nine seasons.
Days after longtime star Mike Shouhed was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence in Los Angeles, a report has revealed that the reality show, which first premiered in March 2012, had simply ran its course — but noted that the network may not be done with the cast entirely.
On April 7, TMZ said that despite having made the decision to end Shahs of Sunset, Bravo is in early talks with a number of the series’ original cast members, including Reza Farahan, Golnesa “GG” Gharachedaghi, and Mercedes “MJ” Javid, in regard their potential futures with the network.
Although Mike is also an OG of the series, which followed him and other members of the Persian-American community in L.A. as they juggled their cultural traditions, relationships, and carers, his name wasn’t mentioned in terms of an upcoming show. That said, it was not confirmed whether his arrest had anything to do with Bravo’s alleged decision to leave him out of their negotiations with his co-stars.
According to a Page Six report earlier this week, Mike was taken into custody at around 10 p.m. on March 27 after an alleged incident that left his reported victim with “visible injury” and charged with a felony count of corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant.
After posting a $50,000 bond, Mike was released. And a short time later, his attorney, Alex Kessel, said the Shahs personality had denied all allegations against him.
Mike is set to return to court on July 25.
The final episode of Shahs of Sunset aired on August 29, 2021